Sunday, April 1, 2012

251

Really embarassing.

I want to cry.

Right after Brooklyn was born I dropped 17 lbs... then they all came screaming back with a vengeance, and brought along a few friends too. This is the most I have ever weighed my entire life.

I have to do something... and fast. Just a month ago I weighed 240. Since then, I have been trying different diets (like adrenal type diets)... and also supplements to keep your metabolism up... and the only thing it got me was 11 pounds heavier.

I am so depressed it's hard to smile. I don't like being around other people because of how embarassed I am. I am only 5'6". According to those charts at the dr office (which I know are a little extreme), a person my height should be around 130 lbs. Know when the last time was that I weighed that? 5th grade. Right when all those stupid medications kicked in and I gained a ton of weight.

Don't try to make me feel better with the: "You've just had a baby, you're body is still recooperating and healing." I know it's healing... but it doesn't take more weight to heal.

I've been told since I move here that, "this diet change will help" or "wait till you're pregnant, all the lbs will shed off", "weight till after the baby here", "Do this", "do that"... and what has it given me? Nothing but false hope and 11 extra lbs to my stomach and butt.

The past month, we have been doing excellent at eating dinners at home, and trying to make good choices for lunch. And I'm still gaining weight. I have no idea what to do. I don't want to turn to people because I'm so embarrassed, and I don't want to turn to food because then I will end up like those shows with the 1000 lb people who eat themselves to death.

I'm going to try something new this time. I'm gonna do what I think will help. If it doesn't- I may have to do something drastic.

My Plan:

Fruit Smoothie for breakfast with 50 g protein
Salad with lean meat for lunch (chx, turkey, or steak)- and blend protein powder in the dressing for extra energy support
For dinner, half my plate will be reserved for fruits and assorted veggies- the other will be a small entree (one enchilada or one 1/2 sandwhich)

I will avoid chocolate and sugars to the best of my ability for now. Soda doesn't count.

In order to get one soda, I must drink 1600 mL of water before.

I will give it a week, and see how it does. If no pounds are lost, I will probably have to do something stupid like the purification system again. (It is just so rigid I hate doing it. It's not really stupid.)

Tomorrow will be my prep day for the week. That means I will have to go to the grocery store to get all ingredients. Make all seven salads for the next week's lunches. I will have to cook the meats and cut them up to appropriate sizes... as well as blend different varieties of dressing with protein for extra support.

Trial Run starts Tuesday. Wish Me Luck

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! And just so you know- you're not alone. Everyone swore that by nursing my babies I would lose weight. Wrong, I gained weight every time I nursed. I weighed 259 before I decided to do something about it. What works for one, doesn't work for others. So it is trial and error and finding out what works for you. But- what worked for me, was cutting back on carbs, a diet of 1000 cal. a day, and being on the treadmill for 2 hours every day. Definitely not ideal- and it took 7 months to lose 55 lbs. But that's what worked for me. I still have 25 more lbs to go, and that diet and work out regimine no longer works for my schedule. So like you- I am trying to figure out what to do next to get this blasted weight off!

    ReplyDelete